May All Beings Be Well and Happy!
The Minnesota Buddhist Vihara is a Buddhist temple that serves all those interested in learning about the Teachings of the Buddha. We offer teachings for both children and adults. We welcome people from all traditions and cultures to ‘come and see’ and to share in practices such as meditation, discussion on the teachings of the Buddha and ritual and cultural events of the Buddhist community of Minnesota.
- Vesak Celebration 2013 posted on 4/25/2013
- One Day Meditation Retreat posted on 4/25/2013
- PHOTOS - Sri Lankan New Year 2013 posted on 4/14/2013
- VIDEOS -Sri Lankan New Year 2013 - Kids' Performance posted on 4/14/2013
- MNBV Event Calendar 2013 updated on 4/16/2013
- The Bhoomi Puja Project
- Membership Form
- New honorary title for Venerable Seewalie To view photos click here
- Infant blessing news in Star Tribune Newspaper
The mission of the Minnesota Buddhist Vihara is to share the Buddha's message of Peace and Happiness and help create peace and harmony within and ourselves and in the surrounding world. Vihara is open to people of all faith traditions and cultures. We welcome you come and see, to participate in spiritual practices such as meditation, observance of precepts, discussions of Dhamma (Buddha’s teachings) and community events.
The Minnesota Buddhist Vihara is a 501 C (3) charity registered with the State of Minnesota since 2004. All donations for its activities - charitable, religious, educational and scientific - are tax deductible.